Thursday, July 1, 2010

Collecting Dreams by Heather Ingemar

This looks and sounds like a really good read. I love the Grimm Fairy Tales as well they were so much more real than the Disney version.
Jul 2nd, 2010
by Ania.
No comments yet



There are eyes in the darkness.


Late one night, Isabele’s reality takes a wild and supernatural turn into the shadows and shimmering light of stolen dreams.


Once lost, they aren’t easily reclaimed. And she’s been touched by the monster….


From the beginning with ‘Dream-Drinker’ (appeared in “StereoOpticon” from Drollerie Press), Isabele finds her way through two other tales. But what’s learned cannot be unlearned. What’s done cannot be undone. At the end of it all, Isabele may or may not be the same.


What did you like most about writing this work, Heather?

I loved how grim “Collecting Dreams” became, how it made me think of the old Grimm-style fairytales, where the monsters are very real and very vicious and the heroes and heroines don’t exactly get off scott-free, as it were. Prices need to be paid and sacrifices need to be made, and I think it makes a richer story all around. Life isn’t watered down like the Disney-esque versions of fairytales I grew up with – life takes real strength of character, and I think that’s what drew me into Isabele’s story. She’s a strong girl, and good at heart. She’s fierce. She’s not going to let the Dream-Drinker get the better of her, no matter what. I love that.

Learn more about Heather S. Ingemar at her website: http://ingemarwrites.wordpress.com/


* * *


Best,
Heather Ingemar

No comments: