Saturday, July 3, 2010

This is the only one of the vacation reads I have already read. I really enjoyed this book. One thing that resounded with me was that the month before I read it I had gone to a murder mystery dinner. Before going we were given characters we would be. I was to be the chocolatier. I researched what a chocolatier was. When I got to the dinner it also turned out I was the murderer. Great fun. Cindy caught the essence of a chocolatier very well. Zanna

Posted in: Science Fantasy, Science Fiction.
THE CHOCOLATIER’S WIFE by Cindy Lynn Speer — NEW RELEASE!!!
Jul 2nd, 2010
by Ania.
No comments yet

Tasmin, William’s wife to be, was chosen by a spell, as all wives and husbands are chosen. It’s a nice, tidy way to find a reasonable mate for almost everyone. Unfortunately, Tasmin is from the North, a place of magic and strange ritual, and William is from the South, where people pride themselves on being above that kind of insanity.

William doesn’t seem in a hurry to send for Tasmin, for which none of his family blame him. After all, she’s a barbarian. She, on the other hand, would like to know what’s keeping him. When he’s framed for murdering his patron, Tasmin takes matters into her own hands. She’s gotten to know Wiliam from his letters. He’s not a murderer and she’s going to help him prove it.

Someone out there doesn’t like him and is beginning to dislike Tasmin almost as much, and that someone isn’t at all averse to making sure William and Tasmin aren’t around long enough to celebrate their wedding.

Read more at http://www.apenandfire.com

No comments: